Friday, April 8, 2011

Not Enough

Sometimes things just aren't enough. Eight hours of sleep just isn't enough when you need 12, vanilla ice cream isn't enough when you wanted rocky road, and meat loaf just isn't enough when you wanted steak. Have you ever had this problem? When nothing is ever enough? We experienced this in the MTC.

When we got to the mtc, they gave us a little packet about staying healthy. (Can you believe that? Missionaries are totally the most healthy people ever.) Included in this packet was a silly excercise band. Essentially a big rubber band.


Yeah, pretty exciting eh? How are you supposed to exercise with that?? Maybe I was doing it wrong, but it just was not enough. So then we had a different, more effective idea.



Yes, thats right. We did squats with our companions on our shoulders. Thats my lucky companion Elder Goodwin right there. Then we finally reached that "enough" level that we were looking for.

Joseph Smith had the same concern. Which church was it that had "enough"? He wanted the best he can find with the most truth, the right teachings, and the true power of God. Joseph Smith finally prayed to God to find out which church it was that had "enough".

The best way to describe his experience is in his own words. He said:

"I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!"

Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ, and was told that none of the churches had "enough" to be called Christ's church. Joseph Smith was called as a prophet to restore the very church that Christ had set up here on this Earth. This church would have "enough" to let us return to our Heavenly Father again. With Christ's restored church we have a full knowledge and power to help us return to Him. We truly have "enough".

No comments:

Post a Comment