Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hmmm

Well I don't have anything super huge to blog about today! Is that sad or what? I guess I can just talk about what I read recently! I've been reading in the Doctrine and Covenants lately, which I love! There is a lot of cool stuff in here. One scripture I read recently is in Section 8 Verse 2:

"2 Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart."

This is exactly how the Holy Ghost talks to us! When the Holy Ghost talks to us, it never is anything huge! Its just a feeling you feel in your heart! A feeling you get when something you read or hear is true! I love Elder Bednar's talk in this latest General Conference The Spirit of Revelation.

He likens revelation from the spirit to light! He compares the difference between flipping on a lightswitch and having immediate light; to the rising sun, which slowly brightens the sky until it is finally day. The spirit works in the very same way! Sometimes it comes around with a 2x4 and smacks you in the head. Thats when you immediately know something that God wants you to know. Sometimes our answers are more gradual, and it takes time to realize and figure out what God wants you to know.

So while you're praying and pondering whatever is going on in your life, keep in mind the MANY different ways that Heavenly Father answers prayers. Sometimes things just fall into our laps, and other times we have to work for it. Just stay dilligent and working hard, and Heavenly Father will always answer your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment