Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Green Jello

What's with Mormons and their green jello? I'm pretty sure its just a Utah thing, I dunno. But coming from Utah green jello is a pretty awesomely big deal. Even with crazy things like fruit, carrots, or anything else healthy found in the fridge. For St. Patrick's day I was lucky enough to have my best friend back home send me some delicious lime jello.



See that excitement in my face? That's how amazing green jello is. And yes that large pink bowl was the best thing I could make it in. It was quite delicious.

So once again, why are we so obsessed with this? So what, its jello! We love it because it is delicious and it makes us happy. Just like the gospel! Being a member of the restored church of Jesus Christ makes us so truly happy that we can't hide our obsession with it, just like the jello! You don't make a batch of jello just for yourself do you?? No! You make it for everyone! Everything about the gospel is meant to be shared, just like jello. We know that this is true and how much it blesses our lives, and we want everybody around us to experience that. This is why I chose to spend two years of my life teaching of this perfect gospel. It'd be selfish not to share it with every single person that I can!

The gospel of Jesus Christ is truly a happy thing. The knowledge that it brings really gives us the strong foundation we all need in our lives. Unlike jello, which is all wiggly and unsupportive, Jesus Christ is the strongest, surest foundation that we can build ourselves upon. Helaman 5:12 says:


"12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Jesus Christ can help us through anything that is going on through our lives. No matter what is changing, I know that our perfect older brother Jesus Christ is always there for us. I know that during our afflictions, there are even better things we can turn to than green jello, despite its jiggly deliciousness. The restored gospel of Jesus Christ can give us true satisfaction and peace that we are all looking for in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment