Thursday, May 5, 2011

Atonement

So we all know, the Atonement is one of the greatest, most important thing in our lives. Without it, in reality, we have nothing! But with it, we have everything! Jesus Christ has given us the greatest gift that ever was. One of my favorite scriptures is Alma 7:11-12:

"11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."

He suffered every kind of pain, so we don't have to. Because of His sacrifce, He knows exactly what we need, that He can "succor" us, or help us according to our problems. I'm so thankful for this, that no matter what my problem is, I can always turn to Him and He will give me the strength and the help that I need.

Jesus Christ lived the perfect life so we don't have to. Because of Him, we can be forgiven of our mistakes. Lets face it, we all mess up every now and then. But because Jesus Christ has already suffered for our sins, we can be forgiven.

I'm so thankful for Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for us. He loves us so much that He gave us such a great gift. I know that as we choose to follow Him, we can be forgiven of our sins. Christ is the only way that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father.

"And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent." Mosiah 3:17

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick thought. Sometimes I think that the atonement is something we have to wait to use. That it's not until this life is over that it thats affect. But in reality it can be used now, everyday and should be. I need to strive to do just that. The atonement can be and is there for me everyday.

    ReplyDelete