Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nothing Huge

Well I don't have anything big and important to say today, so I'll just tell you to read the Book of Mormon! I don't ever say it enough, do I? There's not many books out there that can affect our lives the same way the Book of Mormon does. No matter what we're going through in our life, the Book of Mormon answers the questions and gives us the peace that we are always looking for. I'd like anyone to find another book that does that!

I love that Joseph Smith restored the church of Jesus Christ here on this earth. How else could we be happy all the time? Its through this church that we can feel true joy coming straight from our Heavenly Father. There's a cool little story in the Book of Mormon about the joy that comes from our Heavenly Father. Alma 27: 17-18 says:

17 "Now the joy of Ammon was so great even that he was full; yea, he was swallowed up in the joy of his God, even to the exhausting of his strength; and he fell again to the earth.
 18 Now was not this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness."

How sweet is that? We can have so much joy that we just pass out! But it only comes from doing the things which God has asked us, and He will give us that "strength exhausting" joy.

I know that its been such a blessing to have been raised in this gospel and I plan to do everything I can to help everyone receive this joy for themselves. I know that the Book of Mormon really is the word of God, saved for us so that we can know that Jesus Christ is our savior. And I know that by following the teachings of the Book of Mormon and doing everything we can we will receive "exceeding joy" from our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment